Fall is in full swing, and pumpkins can be found everywhere. But do you know the benefits of including pumpkin into your diet? Well, find out more about this member of the squash family:
- pumpkins have high levels of carotenoids, the compounds that gives them their bright orange color
- also rich in beta-carotene, an important anti-oxidant
- great source of dietary fiber
- pumpkin seeds are rich in phytosterols and amino acids - great for lowering your cholesterol.
- pumpkin seeds are a good source of protein, iron, niacin, selenium and zinc
- get your vitamins from consuming pumpkin - A, C, E and Potassium
- get your minerals too - copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.